The FourFourTwo Preview: Norwich vs Aston Villa
- Tottenham 2-0 Norwich (Prem)
- Norwich 1-0 Southampton (Prem)
- Norwich 6-3 Bury (LC)
- Hull 1-0 Norwich (Prem)
- Norwich 2-2 Everton (Prem)
ASTON VILLA FORM
- Aston Villa 1-2 Newcastle (Prem)
- Aston Villa 3-0 Rotherham (LC)
- Aston Villa 0-1 Liverpool (Prem)
- Chelsea 2-1 Aston Villa (Prem)
- Arsenal 1-3 Aston Villa (Prem)
The Canaries have made a disappointing start to the campaign after winning only one of their first four games, and were soundly beaten by Tottenham at White Hart Lane last weekend.
Player to watch: Robert Snodgrass (Norwich)
Norwich’s last home game against Southampton saw the Scotland international received the ball purely in wide areas, while five of his 13 crosses found a yellow shirt.
LAST FIVE MEETINGS
- Norwich 1-2 Aston Villa (Prem, May 13)
- Norwich 1-4 Aston Villa (LC, Dec 12)
- Aston Villa 1-1 Norwich (Prem, Oct 12)
- Norwich 2-0 Aston Villa (Prem, May 12)
- Aston Villa 3-2 Norwich (Prem, Nov 11)
This one’s all about Lambert, and how he can go about transforming this young Villa team into a consistent Premier League force.
Facts and figures
- Norwich City have won just one of the last 11 meetings in all competitions with Aston Villa (W1 D5 L5).
- Christian Benteke scored in two of his three meetings in all competitions with Norwich last season.
- Gabriel Agbonlahor has scored three goals in four Premier League appearances against Norwich, including a brace in his last appearance versus them in May.
- Benteke has scored 18 Premier League goals this calendar year, more than any other player.
- Aston Villa have gone 26 Premier League games without a clean sheet; a longer run than any other side currently in the division.
- Villa have collected the most yellow cards (13) in the Premier League this season, but have also seen their opponents receive the most too (12).
- Norwich have lost just one of their last 11 Premier League home games (W4 D6), however, that sole defeat was against Aston Villa in May.
- These are the two sides to have recorded the lowest average possession in the Premier League this season (both 42%).
- Aston Villa have won four of their last seven Premier League away games (L2 D1).
- Villa are the only side to have conceded an own goal this season in the Premier League.
- Paul Lambert’s Aston Villa have scored the same number of Premier League goals as his Norwich City side did (52) but have taken four more games to do so.