Ligue 2's final-day promotion battle could be the one to beat all promotion battles
Six (six!) teams enter the final day of the season with a chance of winning the Ligue 2 title, and can secure their place in the top flight alongside the likes of PSG, Monaco and Lyon.
Strasbourg are currently in pole position on 64 points; Amiens and Troyes are joint-second on 63 points, with Lens and Brest on 62. Nimes face the biggest challenge on 61 points.
The top two teams will be guaranteed automatic promotion, while the third-placed side go into a play-off against the Ligue 1 team occupying the relegation play-off spot (currently Lorient going into the final day).
The fixtures all kick off at 7:30pm on Friday night. The drama!
- Brest (5th) vs Ajaccio (13th)
- Laval (20th) vs Nimes (6th)
- Lens (4th) vs Niort (10th)
- Reims (7th) vs Amiens (2nd)
- Sochaux (11th) vs Troyes (3rd)
- Strasbourg (1st) vs Bourg en Bresse (14th)
Below are the permutations (deep breath, and keep up).
- Strasbourg have to match the best result achieved by the five clubs below them in order to win the title.
- If Amiens win and Strasbourg draw or lose, they are champions.
- Amiens can also be champions if Strasbourg lose and they draw, while no club below them wins.
- Due to inferior goal difference, Troyes have to win and both Strasbourg and Amiens have to draw or lose in order for them to win the title.
- Lens will win the title if they win and the three clubs above them lose or draw.
- Brest and Nimes must hope the teams above them lose in order for them to stand a chance of winning the crown.
So, um... a lot to play for then.
- Dutch side Den Bosch introduce 'pay per point' season ticket for next season
- Video: China U19 player bags brilliant bicycle kick against Hungary