The FourFourTwo Preview: Hull vs Sunderland
- Tottenham p2-2 Hull (LC)
- Tottenham 1-0 Hull (Prem)
- Everton 2-1 Hull (Prem)
- Hull 0-0 Aston Villa (Prem)
- Hull 1-0 West Ham (Prem)
- Sunderland 2-1 N'castle (Prem)
- Swansea 4-0 Sunderland (Prem)
- Sunderland 1-2 Man Utd (Prem)
- Sunderland 1-3 Liverpool (Prem)
- Sunderland 2-0 P'boro (LC)
Bruce will be deeply conscious of the huge good vibe wave Sunderland have been riding since beating Newcastle, giving new Mackem gaffer Gus Poyet a great platform to build on for the game this week. In all honesty, Bruce could have done without the trip to London for cup tie against Spurs, despite the rousing performance. How will those tired legs feel come 3pm on Saturday?
Player to watch: Jake Livermore (Hull)
The two screens show Livemore’s attacking actions in Hull’s home games against Norwich and Cardiff . He needs to be more consistent and turn a couple of those arrows yellow (indicating assists). Livermore’s big problem against Sunderland will be how safe Bruce wants to play it. If he sets them up to not lose (which would be understandable considering his lack of options), Livermore will endure a frustrating afternoon.
LAST FIVE MEETINGS
- Hull 0-1 S'land (Prem, Apr 10)
- S'land 4-1 Hull (Prem, Sep 09)
- S'land 1-0 Hull (Prem, Apr 09)
- Hull 1-4 S'land (Prem, Dec 08)
- S'land 2-0 Hull (C'ship, Mar 07)
Facts and figures
- On home soil, Hull remain unbeaten this season (W2 D2), conceding just one goal in the process.
- Sunderland have won each of their last six league encounters with Hull.
- Jozy Altidore, now a Sunderland player, was sent off playing for Hull the last time this fixture was played (April 2010).
- There have been four red cards in the last three league meetings between the Tigers and Black Cats in Hull.
- Hull have only lost two of the nine previous Premier League games they’ve played in November.
- Hull are the only team yet to score a goal from outside the box.
- The Tigers are the lowest scorers in the top half of the Premier League table.
- Sunderland have recorded one win from their opening nine games for the second successive season (record in 2012/13 was W1 D6 L2)
- Sunderland have gone 13 games without a Premier League clean sheet. The last manager to see his side fail to score against the Black Cats was David Moyes.
- Hull’s last seven home Premier League games have gone under 2.5 goals.