Beckham unsure of England prospects at Galaxy

ROME - David Beckham was unsure how his England prospects will be affected if he has to return to Los Angeles Galaxy next month from his loan stint at AC Milan.

The in-form midfielder's hopes of staying in Serie A are hanging in the balance as the two clubs have so far been unable to agree on a transfer fee for the 33-year-old.

"Of course, people have said that, it's been in the news that people have said that," he replied on Sunday when asked whether he risks losing his place in Fabio Capello's squad if he returns to Mayor League Soccer in the United States.

"But I've been at the Galaxy for a year and a half now and I've managed to stay in the England team. We'll see."

Beckham, who was speaking to Sky television after playing in Milan's 1-0 win over Cagliari, remains hopeful a deal will be reached despite the impasse in negotiations.

"I have no news, good or bad," he said. "The talks are still going on, so I hope things will work out well and that I stay."

Beckham equalled Bobby Moore's record of 108 caps for an outfield England player in the 2-0 defeat by Spain earlier this month.