The Serbia World Cup 2022 squad is expected to be named in October. Dragan Stojkovic's side qualified for the tournament in impressive fashion, topping a group containing Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Luxembourg and Azerbaijan, and going unbeaten throughout the campaign.
The Eagles failed to make it to Euro 2020, which illustrates what a fine job Stojkovic has done since taking charge of the national team last year.
This will be Serbia's second appearance at the World Cup as an independent country, although they were part of the Serbia & Montenegro side that competed at 2010. Serbia also inherited Yugoslavia's record at previous World Cups.
Serbia World Cup 2022 squad: The squad for the June Nations League matches
- GK: Predrag Rajkovic (Reims)
- GK: Marko Dmitrovic (Sevilla)
- GK: Vanja Milinkovic-Savic (Torino)
- GK: Marko Ilic (Kortrijk)
- GK: Mile Svilar (Benfica)
- DF: Matija Nastasic (Fiorentina)
- DF: Nikola Milenkovic (Fiorentina)
- DF: Stefan Mitrovic (Getafe)
- DF: Filip Mladenovic (Legia Warsaw)
- DF: Strahinja Pavlovic (Basel)
- DF: Milos Veljkovic (Werder Bremen)
- DF: Mihailo Ristic (Montpellier)
- DF: Aleksa Terzic (Fiorentina)
- DF: Marko Petkovic (Honved)
- DF: Erhan Masovic (Bochum)
- DF: Strahinja Erakovic (Red Star Belgrade)
- MF: Dusan Tadic (Ajax)
- MF: Nemanja Gudelj (Sevilla)
- MF: Filip Kostic (Eintracht Frankfurt)
- MF: Nemanja Maksimovic (Getafe)
- MF: Filip Duricic (Sassuolo)
- MF: Nemanja Radonjic (Benfica)
- MF: Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Lazio)
- MF: Sasa Lukic (Torino)
- MF: Andrija Zivkovic (PAOK)
- MF: Marko Grujic (Porto)
- MF: Uros Racic (Valencia)
- MF: Ivan Ilic (Hellas Verona)
- FW: Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham)
- FW: Luka Jovic (Real Madrid)
- FW: Dusan Vlahovic (Juventus)
- FW: Dejan Joveljic (LA Galaxy)
- FW: Dorde Jovanovic (Maccabi Tel Aviv)
How many players are Serbia allowed to take to the 2022 World Cup?
National managers were allowed to bring 26 players to last summer’s European Championship for the first time at a major tournament, as a special measure brought in due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Now it has been announced that 26-player squads will return for the Qatar World Cup, an expansion from the usual 23-man teams.
When will the final Serbia 2022 World Cup squad be announced?
FIFA has set a deadline of October 20 for the submission of squad lists. This is 30 days before the tournament officially gets under way with Senegal vs the Netherlands.
Dragan Stojkovic, along with most of his peers, is likely to name a preliminary squad initially, before trimming the group down to the required number in time for the deadline.
Who will make the final Serbia 2022 World Cup squad?
Despite a lack of game time at club level in recent seasons, Real Madrid frontman Luka Jovic remains an important player for his country.
Further firepower is provided by Aleksandar Mitrovic, who has an impressive record of 44 goals in 71 appearances for the national team, and Juventus star Dusan Vlahovic.
Lazio attacking midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic will provide creativity and guile, while the captain Dusan Tadic remains an integral part of the team aged 33.
The key man at the back is probably Nikola Milenkovic, the Fiorentina centre-half who has been linked with a move to Manchester United.
Subscribe to FourFourTwo today and save over a third on shop price (opens in new tab)
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW Qatar World Cup 2022: Dates, draw, fixtures, stadiums, temperature, squads and tickets
Thank you for reading 5 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Greg Lea is a freelance football journalist who's filled in wherever FourFourTwo needs him since 2014. He became a Crystal Palace fan after watching a 1-0 loss to Port Vale in 1998, and once got on the scoresheet in a primary school game against Wilfried Zaha's Whitehorse Manor (an own goal in an 8-0 defeat).
Get the best features, fun and footballing frolics straight to your inbox every week.
Thank you for signing up to Four Four Two. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.