The FourFourTwo Preview: Crystal Palace vs Fulham
- Liverpool 3-1 Palace (Prem)
- So'ton 2-0 Palace (Prem)
- Palace 0-2 Swansea (Prem)
- Man Utd 2-0 Palace (Prem)
- Palace 3-1 S’land (Prem)
- Fulham 1-0 Stoke (Prem)
- Fulham 1-2 Cardiff (Prem)
- Fulham 2-1 Everton (LC)
- Chelsea 2-0 Fulham (Prem)
- Fulham 1-1 West Brom (Prem)
Despite going into the break 3-0 down, Palace looked dangerous post-oranges, with goalscoring substitute Dwight Gayle and impressive young Spaniard Jose Campana combining for the free-kick that secured a second-half-winning consolation. Ex-Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh has Premier League experience and should thrive off 20-year-old Campana’s creativity.
Key battle: Mile Jedinak vs Bryan Ruiz
LAST FIVE MEETINGS
- Fulham 3-1 Palace (Prem, Jan 05)
- Palace 2-0 Fulham (Prem, Oct 04)
- Palace 0-2 Fulham (Div 1, Mar 01)
- Fulham 3-1 Palace (Div 1, Oct 00)
- Fulham 1-0 Palace (Div 1, Apr 00)
Both under pressure, there could be sparks in the dugout. Fulham’s win against Stoke eased the pressure on Jol, but he will demand successive victories to climb the table. After a near full squad overhaul, Holloway must get his team to gel, and fast.
Facts and figures
- Crystal Palace are one of only two sides yet to keep a clean sheet in the Premier League this season (alongside Sunderland).
- Fulham have failed to find the net in nine of their last 16 Premier League away games, including the last two.
- These two sides have the lowest win percentage in Premier League London derbies (both 21%).
- Despite playing 503 minutes in the Premier League this season, Dimitar Berbatov has touched the ball just 17 times in the opposition box - three times a game on average.
- Three of Fulham's five Premier League goals this season have been scored by substitutes (Bent 2, Ruiz 1); no side has scored more.
- Fulham have won four and lost just one of their last six league meetings with the Eagles.
- A Fulham player has netted a brace in three of the last four meetings between these sides (Andy Cole, Lee Clark and Luis Boa Morte).
- Fulham have lost more points thanks to goals conceded in the final five minutes than any other side this term (four).
- Palace have seen their woodwork struck seven times this season; a league-high.
- Fulham have conceded more corners than any other Premier League team this term (60).