At the moment Berisha is available to play against his old side, but any potential suspension could rule him out of this match, depending on when it is re-scheduled.
At the moment, the FFA are merely saying a new date for the clash will be announced at a later date after making the decision in accordance with the Queensland government and police.
“We have decided to postpone tonight’s Brisbane Roar v Melbourne Victory match at Suncorp Stadium due to safety concerns and also out of respect for all of those in Queensland facing the potential disaster of Cyclone Marcia” said Head of the Hyundai A-League Damien de Bohun.
“Residents in south east Queensland are being advised by Queensland police and emergency services to stay indoors so it is inappropriate for us to play a football match tonight in these circumstances.
“We are also mindful of taking emergency resources away from the disaster areas in south-east Queensland and feel it is the appropriate action to take in the interest of public safety.”