Ange: Roos? I'd be honoured...

ANGE Postecoglou says it would be a “great honour” to coach the Socceroos and revealed Melbourne Victory have been contacted by Football Federation Australia over the vacant head coach role.

Postecoglou has firmed as a favourite to take over from Holger Osieck after the German was sacked following consecutive 6-0 defeats to Brazil and France.
FFA chairman Frank Lowy revealed during the week that the next national team coach would be Australian, with Tony Popovic (Western Sydney Wanderers) and Graham Arnold (Central Coast Mariners) believed to be the other two candidates for the position.
The 48-year-old said he would be honoured to take over as Socceroos coach for the World Cup finals in Brazil next year but knows the decision is far out of his hands.
“I guess the position’s vacant and the governing body will from what I understand will make a decision on it in the next short period,” said Postecoglou. “In my personal opinion I don’t think it’s a position you should really lobby for. 
“If the powers that be find it in their wisdom to have a look at me and offer me a position or have a chat to me then it would be a great honour. 
“If it comes my way and I’m considered for the position it would be a great honour no doubt about that.
“As far as I’m aware, the club may have had some contact from FFA.”
But the Victory boss played down talks of the job as he sets his eyes on getting the three points against Adelaide United on Friday night.
“My gut's telling me we have a game tomorrow night that we’re desperate to win,” said Postecoglou. “That’s totally what I’m focusing on right now.
“I know there’s a lot of interest around the Socceroos position but I’ve got a massive responsibility here to make sure we play well and win tomorrow night.
“We were a bit disappointed with the way we played last week so it’s important we bounce back.”
Victory will be boosted by the return of Mark Milligan, who Ange confirmed will start against Adelaide in place of Rashid Mahazi.
New Zealand international Kosta Barbarouses also returns to the squad and will start on the bench after returning from a friendly in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
A suspension handed down to international marquee Pablo Contreras by the match review panel means he will miss the trip to Adelaide, paving the way for Nick Ansell to pair up with Adrian Leijer in the centre of defence. 
Postecoglou expressed his disappointment at the ban handed down to Contreras, claiming it was a yellow card at best.
“I wouldn’t want to see other players missing games for that,” he said. “I think even if the referee had seen it, he probably would have given him a yellow card.
“The fact is he’s going to miss two games for it and it’s disappointing. We want our best players out there every week unless they do something serious. 
“It was clumsy at best and to miss two weeks is disappointing. But he’s learned a lesson as well now, he’s apologized for his actions and I think he’s got a clear of understanding of the way we look at a game here.”