Facts: Who won a Prem away game after conceding first for the first time since Sep 1994?
Burnley 0-0 Man United
- Burnley had never drawn a Premier League game 0-0 before (this was their 41st match).
- Burnley have kept only 4 clean sheets in the Premier League but 2 of them have come against Man United.
- This ended a run of 29 Premier League games without a clean sheet for Burnley.
- Man United have gone 4 Premier League away games without a win for the first time since October 2010.
- 2 points from 3 games is Man United’s worst start since 2007/08 (also 2 points from 3 games).
- 6 of Man United’s 7 shots in this game came in the second half.
- Only Arsenal (twice) have restricted Man United to fewer shots in a Premier League game since the start of last season than Burnley.
- Scott Arfield created 2 goalscoring chances, more than any Man United player in this game.
- Man United have won only 9 of their 22 Premier League games in 2014.
Man City 0-1 Stoke
- Stoke scored at the Etihad in the Premier League for the first time.
- Mame Biram Diouf scored in the Premier League for the first time since December 2010; there were 1,341 days between his PL strikes.
- This was only the second time in their last 71 Premier League home games that Man City have failed to score (0-1 vs Chelsea in February 2014).
- Man City had scored at least 2 goals in each of their last 10 Premier League games before failing to net.
- Stoke had played 12 Premier League games in Manchester (City and United combined) and lost all 12 before their shock victory.
- Stoke have kept a clean sheet in a Premier League away game for the first time since last December (at Hull).
- The last 3 away managers to keep a clean sheet at the Etihad are Mark Hughes, Jose Mourinho and Alex McLeish.
- Both Manchester clubs failed to score in the league on the same day (when both played) for the first time since 10/11/10, when a Manchester derby ended 0-0. Before that, the last time they both played and failed to score was 13/12/08.
Newcastle 3-3 Crystal Palace
- Crystal Palace scored the earliest first-half goal (Gayle), the earliest second-half goal (Puncheon) and the latest (Zaha) goal of the 2014/15 Premier League season so far.
- Dwight Gayle’s strike was the first goal scored in the opening minute of a top-flight game this term.
- Gayle has now scored 8 goals in his last 6 games in all competitions, including 4 in his last 2.
- Daryl Janmaat is the third player from the Netherlands to score for Newcastle in the Premier League, after Patrick Kluivert and Vurnon Anita.
- Rolando Aarons became the second-youngest player to score in the Premier League for the Magpies, after James Milner (both 18).
- Aarons is, alphabetically, the first name of any player to score in Premier League history, displacing Gary Ablett.
- Crystal Palace have conceded 2 or more goals in each of their last 6 Premier League matches.
- Mike Williamson scored his first Premier League goal in his 106th appearance in the competition.
- There has been a goal in second-half stoppage time in each of the last 3 meetings between these sides at St James' Park.
- Wilfried Zaha scored his first competitive goal since the 2012/13 play-off semi-final, when he scored twice for the Eagles against Brighton.
QPR 1-0 Sunderland
- Charlie Austin scored QPR’s first Premier League goal of the season, meaning the R’s became the 20th and final team to net this term.
- Austin has scored 9 goals in his last 9 league games at Loftus Road (including play-offs).
- Sunderland have only kept 1 clean sheet in their last 13 Premier League away games.
- Harry Redknapp picked up only his third home win in 15 Premier League games at Loftus Road as QPR manager (D5 L7).
- QPR won a Premier League game while also keeping a clean sheet for the first time since a 1-0 win over Chelsea in January 2013.
- QPR have scored 38 goals in 40 Premier League home games since August 2011.
Swansea 3-0 West Brom
- Gylfi Sigurdsson was involved in Swansea’s first 4 Premier League goals this season (1 goal, 3 assists) and has either scored (1) or assisted (4) 5 of their 6 overall.
- In 3 games this season, the Icelandic midfielder has already equalled his assist tally in 58 Premier League games for Tottenham (4).
- Wayne Routledge has scored more goals against the Baggies than any other Premier League side (3).
- After scoring his first Premier League goal for Swansea at Villa Park, Routledge’s last 8 in the top flight have come at the Liberty Stadium.
- The Swans have already claimed 21% of their entire points total from last season (9 of 42) in only 3 games.
- Nathan Dyer has now been involved in more Premier League goals than any other Swansea player (25; 17 goals and 8 assists).
- Swansea have won 5 of their 7 previous Premier League clashes with the Baggies (L2).
- West Brom have failed to score in their last 4 Premier League away games (L3 D1).
West Ham 1-3 Southampton
- Mark Noble has now scored a Premier League goal in each of the last 8 seasons that West Ham have played in the top flight.
- No player has scored in more Premier League seasons for West Ham than Noble (8, level with Carlton Cole).
- Mauro Zarate has scored 1 and assisted 2 in his last 3 Premier League appearances (includes one game for Birmingham).
- Morgan Schneiderlin equalled his goal tally for 2013/14 with his brace at Upton Park.
- None of West Ham’s last 18 Premier League games have ended level (W8 L10).
- Southampton won a Premier League away game having conceded the first goal for the first time since September 1994 against Coventry.
- It was also their first top-flight away win from behind since New Year’s Day 2002, when they won at Chelsea.
Everton 3-6 Chelsea
- Chelsea are the first away team to score 6+ goals at Goodison in the Premier League since Arsenal won 6-1 on the opening day of 2009/10.
- Diego Costa is the first Chelsea player to score in his opening 3 league games since Adrian Mutu.
- The last player to score 4 goals in his first 3 Premier League games was Michu for Swansea.
- Fernando Torres took 39 games to score 4 Premier League goals for Chelsea.
- This match saw 5 goals being scored in 10 minutes and 34 seconds, between Chelsea’s third and Chelsea’s fifth.
- Samuel Eto'o scored his 10th Premier League goal, but the first not scored at Stamford Bridge.
- Ramires assisted 2 goals and scored against Everton; he scored 1 and assisted 2 in 30 Premier League appearances last season.
- Steven Naismith has now scored in all 3 of Everton's Premier League games this season.
- Everton have scored the highest number of own goals in Premier League history (44).
- Everton have scored a 45th-minute goal in all 3 of their Premier League games this season.
- Cesc Fabregas has assisted a goal in each of his last 5 appearances in the Premier League.
- Tim Howard made his 300th Premier League appearance for Everton; only Leon Osman (323) and David Unsworth (302) have more.
Aston Villa 2-1 Hull
- Andreas Weimann has scored 3 goals in his last 2 matches against Hull.
- The Austrian has also been involved in all 3 of Aston Villa’s goals this season (scored 2, assisted 1).
- Hull have now scored in their last 2 games against Villa, having failed to find the net in any of their previous 8 in all competitions.
- Michael Dawson made 16 clearances – more than any other Hull player in a single match this season.
- Brad Guzan became the eighth Aston Villa player to be booked this season – more than any other Premier League team.
- Nikica Jelavic scored in back-to-back Premier League games for the first time since October 2012.
- Hull equalled their record from May to September 2009 of scoring in 5 successive Premier League away games.
- 7 of Hull’s 9 attempts at goal came in the second half.
Tottenham 0-3 Liverpool
- After losing 5 consecutive Premier League away fixtures against Tottenham, Liverpool have won their last 2 (8 goals scored, 0 conceded).
- Liverpool scored their 10th Premier League penalty against Tottenham. This took them clear of Manchester City against Aston Villa as the team with most penalties against a single opponent.
- Javier Manquillo recorded 6 of Liverpool’s 14 interceptions in this game.
- Etienne Capoue has attempted the most passes in the Premier League this season (301).
- Liverpool vs Spurs has drawn level with Liverpool vs Newcastle as the Premier League fixture with the most goals (129).
- Spurs produced 1 shot on target in this match – the only game in which they managed fewer than 2 last season was in the 5-0 home defeat against Liverpool.
- Liverpool had 39.5% of possession; the only game in which they had less last season was in the 4-0 home win against Everton (39.1%).
Leicester 1-1 Arsenal
- Leicester have scored in each of their last 17 home league games.
- Alexis Sánchez became the 100th different player to score a Premier League goal for Arsenal (not including own goals).
- 9 Arsenal players attempted more passes in this game than the Leicester player with the most (Paul Konchesky, 39).
- Aaron Ramsey (116) attempted the second-most passes in a Premier League game this season, after Etienne Capoue’s 123 against QPR.
- Arsenal have only won 3 of their last 10 Premier League away games (D3 L4).
- Leicester players produced 13 blocks in this game; Arsenal players produced just 2.
- No team managed to block more than 13 opposition shots in a Premier League match last season (it happened twice, both by West Ham).
- Arsenal have recorded 2 of the 3 largest match possession shares this season (76% against Crystal Palace and 69% against Leicester).
Stats Zone, Premier League, Burnley, Manchester United, Manchester City, Stoke City, Newcastle United, Crystal Palace, Queens Park Rangers, Sunderland, Swansea City, West Bromwich Albion, West Ham United, Southampton, Everton, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Hull City, Tottenham Hotspur, Liverpool, Leicester City, Arsenal