The nominees for the Ballon d'Or 2021 are in, with France Football's award for the greatest footballer on Earth set to be announced in December.
Last year, the award was cancelled for the first time in its history, owing to the pandemic but the Ballon d'Or is returning for 2021 and taking the previous 12 months of football into account.
France Football have decided upon the 30-man shortlist for the prize; after which, a selection of international journalists, national team coaches and captains will be asked to pick their top five players from the 30.
Men's Ballon d'Or 2021 award nominees
- Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City)
- Ngolo Kanté (Chelsea)
- Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund)
- Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus)
- Mason Mount (Chelsea)
- Harry Kane (Tottenham)
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (PSG)
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
- Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)
- Nicolò Barella (Inter)
- Lionel Messi (PSG)
- Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United)
- Pedri (Barcelona)
- Luka Modrić (Real Madrid)
- Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
- Neymar (PSG)
- Rúben Dias (Manchester City)
- Lautaro Martínez (Inter)
- Simon Kjaer (AC Milan)
- Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
- Jorginho (Chelsea)
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
- César Azpilicueta (Chelsea)
- Romelu Lukaku (Chelsea)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)
- Gerard Moreno (Villarreal)
- Phil Foden (Manchester City)
- Kylian Mbappé (PSG)
- Luis Suárez (Atletico Madrid)
Subscribe to FourFourTwo today and get three issues delivered for just £3. The offer ends October 17, 2021.
Get the best features, fun and footballing frolics straight to your inbox every week.
Thank you for signing up to Four Four Two. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.