Facts: The Prem's long-ball merchants and error-strewn top-four defence exposed
Newcastle 0-3 Sunderland
- Sammy and Shola Ameobi started together in the Premier League for the first time.
- Sunderland won more fouls (18) than any other side this weekend.
- The victory at St James' Park means Sunderland have beaten Newcastle in three successive league fixtures for the first time since 1923.
West Ham 2-0 Swansea
- Kevin Nolan’s second goal in this match was the first headed goal that West Ham have scored in the Premier League this season – they're the last club to do so in 2013/14.
- Swansea failed to attempt a single shot on target in a Premier League game for the first time since March 16, 2013 (vs Arsenal).
Cardiff 2-1 Norwich
- Robert Snodgrass’ fifth-minute goal was the earliest Norwich have scored in the Premier League since October 15, 2011 (Pilkington vs Swansea, 1st min).
- There were 41 shots (inc. blocked) in this match – only two Premier League games have seen more this season.
Everton 2-1 Aston Villa
- Villa played more long balls (52) than any other side this weekend.
Fulham 0-3 Southampton
- Jay Rodriguez has had a hand in nine goals in his last 12 Premier League appearances for the Saints (7 goals, 2 assists).
- Fulham’s passing accuracy of 41% in the final third was the worst of any side this weekend.
Hull 1-1 Tottenham
- Hull only attempted four dribbles in this match, but they were all successful.
- Spurs were the only side to make just one substitution this weekend. It’s the first time this season they have done this.
Stoke 2-1 Man United
- Robin van Persie has now scored in 8 successive appearances against Stoke City in the Premier League.
- In doing so, the Dutchman is the first player in Premier League history to score in 8 successive appearances against a single opponent.
- Manchester United lost a Premier League game that Van Persie scored in for the first time (W23 D5 L1).
West Brom 1-1 Liverpool
- Liverpool have made 29 errors leading to a goal or an attempt at goal this season, more than any other team.
- All four of West Brom’s shots on target in this game came in the second half.
Arsenal 2-0 Crystal Palace
- Arsenal made 2212 passes in their three home games against the newly promoted sides this season (inc 785 today).
- Mikel Arteta (127) and Mesut Özil (102) both made more than 100 passes.
- Nine of Palace’s 10 shots in this game came after half time.