Portsmouth back in court on March 1

LONDON - Portsmouth have been given a provisional date of March 1 for their High Court hearing of the winding up petition brought by the British government's Revenue and Customs department, the Premier League club said on Friday.

The hearing was adjourned on Wednesday when the Premier League club was given a week to draw up a statement of its financial affairs as it fights against the winding up order being made on the back of up to 12 million pounds in unpaid tax and national insurance.

A statement on the south-coast club's website on Friday said: "The club is working towards bringing new finance into the business and is in advanced talks with prospective buyers."

After Wednesday's hearing, club chief executive Peter Storrie said there were two interested parties and that Hong Kong businessman Balram Chainrai, who last week became the fourth person to own the club this season, was keen to pass ownership on to stabilise the club.